The HSE is committed to the correct use and management of access controls throughout the organization. Insufficient access controls or unmanaged access to information could lead to the unauthorized disclosure or theft of this information, fraud and possible litigation. The purpose of this policy is to define the correct use and management access controls within the HSE.
This policy represents the HSE’s national position and takes precedence over all other relevant policies which are developed at a local level. The policy applies to:
- All information Technology (IT). Resources provided by the HSE;
- All HSE information systems and network domains;
- All users (including HSE staff, students, contractors, sub-contractors, agency staff and authorized third party commercial service providers) of the HSE’s IT resources;
- All connections to (locally or remotely) the HSE network Domains (LAN/ WAN/ WiFi);
- All connections made to external networks through the HSE network.